Remembering Those We’ve Lost
While for many Memorial Day marks the opening of pools and the unofficial start of summer, the holiday is mainly a way to remember and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our beautiful country.
There are many ways to honor folks, and no way is right or wrong, and planting a memorial tree is a perfect token of remembrance.
If you would like to plant a tree in honor of someone, you can chose a tree dedication. Your tree dedication includes:
- One (1) tree that will be incorporated into the Community Tree Planting program which takes place during the spring (March to May) and fall (October to December).
- The option to choose the location and take part in the planting of your tree (depending on site/availability).
- Inclusion on our Tree Dedications Map.
- A commemorative keepsake card sent to the honoree. The card will include the tree species, date of planting and location of the tree.
- A signed letter acknowledging the gift.
- Tax receipt.
We’ve planted a number of dedicated trees – check out this map to see if any are near you.