Growing D.C.’s urban forest involves more than tree planting and maintenance. Advocacy plays an important role in ensuring that policies and plans that guide the District’s growth also protect our city’s fragile urban forest.
Our goal is to help District residents become informed and inspired to speak out for D.C.’s trees. We have developed the following resources to help you start a conversation with your neighbors, co-workers, and elected officials about the benefits of protecting our tree canopy.
- The Advocacy Action Center has tools and information for residents and advocates to influence local decision makers.
- The award-winning Citizen Advocate Handbook empowers residents to protect and increase D.C.’s tree canopy.
- Become a Tree Advocate and meet fellow tree lovers, share experiences and learn strategies to help you engage policymakers.
- Learn about the Tree Canopy Legislation that protects the District’s most valuable natural resource.
- Review Casey Trees’ Public Comments on development projects in your community and regulations affecting trees across the city.