TreeWise Summer Youth Program
TreeWise is Casey Trees’ nature- and place-based summer education program, developed to get youth outdoors, interacting with and appreciating trees. Adult counselors lead youth participants in fun, hand-on activities including scavenger hunts, leaf and bark rubbings, tree identification and water relays — tailored to be age-appropriate.
Please note that applicants must have an organized summer youth program located on a site with mature trees or be in close proximity to a public green space. If your summer youth program does not meet the green space requirement or if you prefer to travel, we recommend you apply for our off-site programs that will take place at Rock Creek Park Nature Center and the Kreeger Museum.
All 2016 TreeWise sessions have been reserved. Summer 2017 sessions will open up next spring.
To be eligible, groups must be:
- Located within the District of Columbia.
- Comprised of youth ages six to 10 years of age.
- Able to fill all three sessions (9:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM) with 10 to 20 unique youth participants. The same participants may not fill all three sessions.
- Located on a site with mature trees or be in close proximity to a public green space
- Accompanied by three (3) adult chaperones that will be present and actively participate throughout the session to provide assistance with the activities.
Please also note that all youth participants must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and have permission to get a little dirty.