Mark ensures that Casey Trees remains on track toward achieving D.C.’s 40 percent tree canopy goal through execution of its mission: To Restore, Enhance and Protect the Tree Canopy of our Nation’s Capital. Prior to joining Casey Trees in 2006, Mark served as the National Director for the USDA Forest Service’s Urban Forestry Program, and; as D.C.’s Chief Forester in the Williams Administration. Mark and his family reside in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Forestry Program Volunteer – U.S. Peace Corps, Benin, West Africa
- Deputy Project Manager – Urban Forest and Education Program, New York City, NY
- City Forester – Takoma Park, Maryland
- Urban Forester – Fairfax County, Virginia
- Chief Forester – DC Department of Transportation/Urban Forestry Administration
- National Director – USDA Forest Service Urban & Community Forestry Program