Casey Trees offers engaging volunteer opportunities for individuals of all ages and skill levels. Everyone can play a role in restoring the tree canopy of the nation’s capital.
Volunteer activities include:
- Tree planting (March – May; October – December)
- Tree care such as watering and weeding
- Office work
All open volunteer opportunities are listed online and must be registered for in advance. Take a look at volunteer events on our calendar.
If you represent a group of five or more persons, make an online request so we can assist you with registering participants. We will connect you to a volunteer opportunity after processing your request. Note: you must have each volunteer’s full name and email to register a group.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers. If you represent a larger group of volunteers, make an online request to set up a volunteer opportunity for your group.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Submit a completed volunteer waiver form. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required for tree planting.