Our fall volunteer season is here! The calendar is chock a block full of events with us – inventories, plantings, classes, workshops, meet-ups and more! This means a few things:
- We make work towards our mission of restoring, enhancing, and protecting the tree canopy of our nation’s capital and our shared city goal of 40% tree canopy by 2032
- There are more opportunities to get outside, get dirty and volunteer with us!
- More urgently, it means we need more folks like you to step up in bigger and greater ways and help us guide volunteers and lead teams!
Ready to earn your red vest? Join us at the required two part Team Leader training —
Classroom Portion: Wednesday, August 21 from 6:30 – 8pm
Required for both inventory and planting leads!
Inventory Team Lead Training: Saturday, August 24 from 9am – 1pm
Tree Planting Lead Training: Saturday, September 14 from 9am -1pm
One volunteer says it makes them feel like “you’re a part of the family.” That’s not the only perk though!
- Become part of the red vest community of like-minded individuals
- Build your resume with leadership and communication skills
- Increase your knowledge of urban forestry
- Get invited to exclusive classes and events