- This event has passed.
Wild and Well: A Meditative Tree Walk and Mindfulness Practice
June 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
Get well, go outside. Research from all over the world suggests that being in nature overall reduces stress levels, increases immunity, and promotes a sense of calm. Join Casey Trees and Department of Parks and Recreation in a nature and wellness workshop to partake in a mindfulness practice and learn about trees in your neighborhood.
What to Expect
Casey Trees staff will guide you through breathing and gentle movement exercises to encourage you to ground yourself in nature and to reap the mental and physical health benefits of wellness practice. Then you will center your focus on trees in the park, learning more about their natural history and the benefits they provide the DC community.
This class combines outdoor activity with holistic wellness. If you enjoy yoga outside, a walk in your park, or an hour away from the chaos of the city, this experience is for you! No prior experience required.
- No specific skills required.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status.
Kelsey Desmond, Education Program Assistant at Casey Trees and Certified Yoga Instructor
We will be meeting at: M and Branch Street SE. The Park is accessible at that intersection and you will see Casey Trees signs.
Public Transportation: The S35 bus makes two stops within a five-minute walk of M and Branch St. SE. (Branch Ave and Randle Circle & Branch Ave and O St. SE)
Parking: There is some street parking available on M St. SE.
- Bathrooms. There are no public restrooms along the trail. Please plan accordingly.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather!
- Wear comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty! There will be mud along parts of the trail!
- Wear comfortable clothing, dressing in layers is recommended.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!