Volunteer: Tregaron Conservancy Community Tree Planting
December 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm ESTFree
The historic Tregaron estate in Northwest D.C. lies between Cleveland Park and Woodley Park. Neglected for decades, the property has seen an incredible resurgence in recent years thanks to the work of the Tregaron Conservancy which has worked to restore and protect this historic landmark.
** IMPORTANT: The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting. **
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events, so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with light breakfast fare and treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
Public Transportation: Our meeting location is about .8 miles from the Cleveland Park Metro rail station. Many bus lines also service Connecticut Ave.
Parking: Parking is somewhat limited in the area. The streets have a 2-hour maximum on street parking and some parking requires payment.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!