- This event has passed.
Volunteer: Planting at Casey Tree Farm
September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDTFree
We’re going on a field trip! Put on your work boots and venture out to the beautiful Casey Tree Farm in Berryville, VA to plant trees from the farm in our new sycamore grove! Help us plant 26 sycamores and then enjoy a grilled lunch.
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events, so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with light breakfast fare and treated to a celebratory picnic lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
The address is 547 Springsbury Lane, Berryville, VA 22611.
Going westbound on Rt. 267 W [Dulles Toll Road] take exit 1A on left to merge onto US-15 S/VA-7 W toward Leesburg/Warrenton. Continue onto VA-7 W/Harry Byrd Highway for 24 miles then turn left onto E Main St. After 1 mile turn left onto Jack Enders Blvd then take your 3rd left onto Springsbury Rd. Continue for 3 miles until you reach the Casey Tree Farm gate. Continue through the gate as Springsbury Rd. becomes Springsbury Lane. Once you are on the farm property, please follow the signs to on-site parking.
Total travel time from the District is about 1.5 hours.
Support Casey Trees
Consider making a one-time donation when you register to volunteer. We depend on people like YOU to make our tree planting and education programs a reality.