- This event has passed.
Volunteer Community Tree Planting: Zimmerman Field
March 30, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
Join Casey Trees and Department of Parks and Recreation at Ryan Zimmerman Field near Randall Recreation Center in Southwest D.C. This recreation field needs some trees to provide shade for spectators and reduce storm water run off.
Register now! The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting.
- Waiver: We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event.
- Youth Volunteers: Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- Closed-toe shoes: Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- No specific skills or tools required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time and stay for the duration of the event. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. We recommend long pants and other protections for sun, bugs and poison ivy.
- No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
- Water: Bring a water bottle or reusable cup to refill. Water will be available on site.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Public Transportation: The closest metro stations are Navy Yard and Waterfront, which are both a half mile from the planting site. The P6, V1 and Blue Circulator buses have stops near the planting.
Parking: There is a parking lot on-site and street parking nearby.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to the bike rack by the Recreation Center or to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
to Casey Trees to Restore, Enhance and Protect D.C.’s Tree Canopy. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!