- This event has passed.
Volunteer Community Tree Planting: Upshur Recreation Center
March 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
Join Casey Trees and Department of Parks and Recreation in the beautiful Petworth neighborhood as we plant at Upshur Recreation Center.
Register now! The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting.
- Waiver: We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event.
- Youth Volunteers: Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- Closed-toe shoes: Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- No specific skills or tools required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time and stay for the duration of the event. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. We recommend long pants and other protections for sun, bugs and poison ivy.
- No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
- Water: Bring a water bottle or reusable cup to refill. Water will be available on site.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Public Transportation: The closest metro station is Georgia Ave.- Petworth Station which is one mile away from our planting site. The 52, 54, and 59 buses have stops on 14th street near our planting site.
Parking: Street parking is available but limited.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to the bike rack by the Upshur pool or to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
to Casey Trees to Restore, Enhance and Protect D.C.’s Tree Canopy. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!