- This event has passed.
Volunteer Community Tree Planting: Raymond Recreation Center
May 17 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
Join us in planting trees at Raymond Recreation Center and Playground. This recreation center will receive 50 new trees to help clean the air and reduce stormwater run off from the recreation fields.
Register now! The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting.
- Waiver: We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event.
- Youth Volunteers: Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- Closed-toe shoes: Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- No specific skills or tools required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time and stay for the duration of the event. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. We recommend long pants and other protections for sun, bugs and poison ivy.
- No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
- Water: Bring a water bottle or reusable cup to refill. Water will be available on site.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Public Transportation: Georgia Ave. – Petworth is the closest metro station. It is a .4 of a mile walk from the planting site. The H4, and H8 buses stop on 10th street and the R4 bus stops on Michigan Ave directly beside the planting site.
Parking: A parking lot is available next to the Raymond Education Campus. There is also street parking available on 10th st.
Bike Parking: A bike rack is available next to the recreation center.
Support Casey Trees
to Casey Trees to Restore, Enhance and Protect D.C.’s Tree Canopy. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!
Pop Up Wellness
Stretch and refresh after all your hard work tree planting! Join our Certified Yoga Instructor Kelsey for a pop-up Yoga and Mindfulness session directly following the planting. Volunteers can expect a 30-minute stretching program and breathing exercises to reap the full benefits of wellness and being amongst trees.