- This event has passed.
Volunteer Community Tree Planting: Marriott Day of Service
May 22 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
A special volunteer opportunity for Marriott Employees! We are thrilled to plant at Mt. Olivet Cemetery for the Marriott Day of Service.
Register now! The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting.
- Waiver: We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event.
- Youth Volunteers: Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- Closed-toe shoes: Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- No specific skills or tools required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time and stay for the duration of the event. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. We recommend long pants and other protections for sun, bugs and poison ivy.
- No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
- Water: Bring a water bottle or reusable cup to refill. Water will be available on site.
Public Transportation: The closest metro rail station (NoMa-Gallaudet University on the Red Line) is about 2 miles away from the cemetery. The B2 bus can be picked up from the Stadium-Armory metro rail station (Blue, Orange, Silver Lines) and it drops off at Bladensburg Road and the 1600 block, which is just across the street from the cemetery.
Parking: Limited parking is available at the cemetery entrance.
Bike: Bikes can be locked to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
to Casey Trees to Restore, Enhance and Protect D.C.’s Tree Canopy. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!