- This event has passed.
[CANCELLED] Volunteer: Community Tree Planting – GWU Mount Vernon Campus
April 18, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm EDTFree
Join us in planting trees at George Washington University’s Mount Vernon Campus!
George Washington University was chartered in 1821 by an act of Congress. Nowadays, the University teaches over 27,000 students a year. Let’s help make their campus a little shadier for the students running between classes.
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
Public Transportation: There is not a metro station near this planting site. You can take the Vern Express from the Foggy Bottom metro station to get to the Mount Vernon Campus. The D5 nad D6 buses make stops on MacArthur Blvd which is a little under half a mile from the campus.
Parking: Street parking is available in the area.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to bike racks on campus.
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors, and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!