- This event has passed.
[CANCELLED] Volunteer: Community Tree Planting – Congressional Cemetery
May 15, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
Plant in the only cemetery space planned by Pierre L’Enfant!
Congressional Cemetery has served the District for over 200 years. We will add canopy cover to this historic site that will provide essential stormwater retention and erosion control.
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
Public Transportation: The nearest Metro station is Potomac Avenue, which is .4 miles away. The B2 and 96 buses stop close to the planting site.
Parking: On-street parking nearby.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to nearby signs.
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors, and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!