- This event has passed.
Volunteer at Casey Trees Farm
June 30, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-4Free
Volunteers will be helping Casey Trees grow the next generation of D.C. trees. These young trees need your help to grow into healthy hearty trees! We will be pruning suckers and tying central leaders to ensure a happy and healthy crop for next planting season. No pruning or farming experience required.
All participants must be 15 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form on the day of the event before participating.
- Youth under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a Parental Consent Form and be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No specific skills required. The event will start with a tool safety and pruning demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed-toe shoes are required. All necessary tools and safety gear will be provided.
Going westbound on Rt. 267 W [Dulles Toll Road] take exit 1A on left to merge onto US-15 S/VA-7 W toward Leesburg/Warrenton. Continue onto VA-7 W/Harry Byrd Highway for 24 miles then turn left onto E Main St. After 1 mile turn left onto Jack Enders Blvd then take your 3rd left onto Springsbury Road. Continue for 3 miles until you reach the Casey Tree Farm gate. Continue through the gate as Springsbury Road becomes Springsbury Lane. Once you are on the farm property, please follow the signs to on-site parking.
Total travel time from the District is about 1.5 hours.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!