- This event has passed.
Volunteer: Adas Israel Cemetery Community Tree Planting
December 14, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-4Free
Join us in beautifying the Adas Israel Cemetery! This cemetery is over 150 years old and one of the oldest Jewish Cemeteries in D.C.
** IMPORTANT: The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting. **
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with light breakfast fare and treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event, but it is highly encouraged to bring a water bottle.
Public Transportation: The closest Metro station is Congress Heights which is half a mile away from the planting site. The W6, W8, 92, V7, W1, W2, W3, and W4 buses stop close to the planting site.
Parking: A parking lot is available on site.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be locked to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!