- This event has passed.
Tree Care at McKinley Tech High School/ Harry Thomas Rec Center
July 20, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-4Free
Help Casey Trees care for trees at Mckinley Technology High School and Harry Thomas Recreation Center! Your help with weeding, mulching and watering these vulnerable young trees will give them a leg up in becoming an important part of our growing tree canopy.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form before participating.
- Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Waivers will be provided but to ease the registration process it is helpful to bring a completed copy to the event.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and care demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with granola bars for breakfast. Drinking water is available throughout the event. Bring your own refillable bottle or cup if you would like to reduce the number of single-use cups Casey Trees will provide.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!