- This event has passed.
Canceled: Rock Creek Park Horse Center/Maintenance Yard Community Tree Planting
January 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
Join us for the tree planting season finale at Rock Creek Park! We will plant 50 new trees near the Horse Center and Maintenance Yard.
** IMPORTANT: The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting. **
- Registration. We require that you pre-register for our events, so that you can fill out our waiver before arriving at the event. Please take a moment to register for this event.
- Youth Volunteers. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Please note you must be over 18 years of age to become a team leader.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.
- Closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Boots are preferred over sneakers.
- Animals. No animals are allowed into the event, except for service animals.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with light breakfast fare and treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
Public Transportation: The Van Ness – UDC Metro Rail station (red line) is about 1.8 miles from the recreation center. The center is located right on Glover Rd, and it can be accessed by the E4 bus on Military Rd. NW.
Parking: A parking lot is available at the Rock Creek Maintenance Yard and within walking distance at the Rock Creek Park Nature Center and Planetarium.
Bike Parking: Bike can be locked to nearby signs and pole by the maintenance yard.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!