- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Langdon Park Tree Care
August 8 @ 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm UTC-4Free
This event has been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Help Casey Trees care for trees in Langdon Park! Your help with weeding, mulching and watering these vulnerable young trees will give them a leg up in becoming an important part of our growing tree canopy.
The address above is not connected to any building but can be plugged into a GPS to get directions. Go to the address provided and follow the Casey Trees event signs to the registration tent.
There is unrestricted street parking available on Mills Road NE. The B8, B9, and H6 Metrobus lines all stop nearby. The Rhode Island Metro Station (Red Line) is a 0.7 mile walk.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form before participating. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a consent form and be supervised by an adult at all times. Waivers will be provided but to ease the registration process it is helpful to bring a completed copy to the event.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and care demonstration.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed-toe shoes are required.
Casey Trees will supply drinking water and granola bars. You may want to bring your own reusable water bottle to fill at the registration table.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!