New Year, New You!
As we enter the new year, let’s make a commitment to protecting our urban forests and promoting sustainability. This could include things like planting more trees in urban areas, participating in local tree-planting events, reducing water usage, and increasing the use of sustainable materials in construction and landscaping. Let’s make this the year that we take action to protect our urban forests!
Things we can do to make our cities better will also make our lives better and vice versa. It’s mutually beneficial! You don’t have to make sweeping changes either.
- Shop local: Shop at your friendly neighborhood urban forestry nonprofit! Our online store has masks, virtual tree adoptions, tees, hats, water bottles, insulated mugs, and more. Best of all? Every purchase goes directly back towards our mission.
- Get involved in your community: Whether you’re looking to learn about your local environment, advocate for tree reform, or get outside and work with trees – our community events have something for everyone! Check out our online calendar to see what’s coming up, or subscribe to our online newsletter for all our event updates.
- Read more: We have a list of books featuring trees in clever ways!
- Spend more time with trees: There are many benefits to our mental and physical health just being outside and among trees. This year, make a resolution to spend less time in front of a screen, and more time outdoors!
- Pledge to defend our planet: Whether you help mitigate stormwater runoff by receiving free trees, pledge to water young trees to help them survive the summer, or donate to solidify your commitment to our city’s urban forest, you can make a difference.
Whatever you decide to do in 2023, we’ll be here to help make it happen.