Love em or hate em, resolutions are a popular subject matter this time of year. Whether you’re looking to overhaul your life or kick that one nagging habit, we might be able to help.
- Learn something new. Easy, peasy. Sign up for one of our many classes or events – like Trees 101. No experience necessary! Or, take your learning on the go with our new waterproof Species Guide with over 70 species found in the Washington metro area!
- Update your space. Did you know trees can increase the value of your property by 6-11 percent? We have two residential planting programs that will add a tree (or trees!) to your property for little or no cost to you.
- Shop locally. Our online store is full of cool, stylish, and helpful things that all go towards restoring, enhancing, and protecting the tree canopy of our dear city.
- Spend more time with family. Our volunteer events are a great way to get out and try something new with the family. With an adult present, kids of any age are welcome!
- Be less stressed. Research shows that spending time among trees and in nature is good for your health. We will provide you with more than a few opportunities to be among trees. Consider becoming a member to gain access to our exclusive forest bathing events.
- Get involved. 2018 was on for the record books in terms of trees planted in the District *and* the wild political show over on Capitol Hill. Staying active and engaged locally is a great way to be involved in your community. Learn how to start advocating for causes you care about (trees anyone?) at Advocacy in the District: Stand Up for Trees this January!