Can you believe this is the Fifth Annual Canopy Awards? It seems like only yesterday was the inaugural “Get Campy under the Canopy”. Think you’ve seen it all in five years? Think again. Here are just five reasons to attend this year’s awards:
- Tasty and endless drinks. Think about your typical night out in D.C. After apps, drinks and an actual meal — your wallet is feeling pretty light. And if you want to stay past happy hour, save up for the dessert.
- Amazing food. Get ready for quintessential D.C. food – mambo sauce, wings, and a few Metro inspired creations. Not enough? Shake Shack has got you covered with ridiculously good grilled bites and creamy concretes. Queue the mouthwatering and hunger pains.
- Awesome people. Say goodbye to stuffy K street networking happy hours. This isn’t the party where people stay to themselves. We don’t do formal seating and we don’t do stand-around-awkwardly events. Since we’re celebrating the City of Trees, fun isn’t limited to one ward.
- Fun prizes in Silent Auction. Past packages have included boat tours on the Potomac, a stay at the Casey Tree Farm with a wine tour of Virginia, skydiving excursions, rock climbing adventures, and even a Costa Rican condo getaway for six! Think you’ll have the winning bid?
- Live entertainment and special guests. We are keeping the who and the what under wraps for a bit longer but don’t worry, you’re in for a treat.
Oh, and if you need any further convincing: all of the proceeds from the night benefit Casey Trees.
If you’ve been to a Casey Trees party before, you can know we do it right. If you haven’t, try us out and we promise you’ll be rewarded for taking the chance. And you can take satisfaction in knowing that your night out, did good — for once!