Casey Trees is recruiting 6th, 7th and 8th grade science teachers in the District to participate in an Environmental Enrichment Fellowship for the 2015-2016 school year.
We are asking teachers to pilot test eight tree-focused lessons with their students over the course of the school year. The program provides ready-to-use lesson plans that teach children about the benefits of trees in addition to professional development for teachers. The goal is to create a unit that is an easy to use, effective teaching tool and links directly to the new Next Generation Science Standards — but we need your help to make that happen.
In order to participate, you must:
- Be a D.C.-based middle school science teacher
- Oversee 6th, 7th or 8th grade students
- Agree to administer all eight lessons between September 2015 and June 2016
- Attend one (1) training session on Thursday, September 17 at 6 p.m.
- Attend three (3) professional development trainings offered throughout the course of the school year
- Complete detailed surveys and reports regarding your experience and your students’ experiences with the lessons once they’ve been administered
Upon successful completion of the lessons and professional development trainings, Fellows will receive a $250 stipend.
For more information and to sign up, visit the i-Tree Lessons website.