Think about your typical night out in D.C. After apps, drinks and an actual meal — your wallet is feeling pretty light. And if you want to see a movie, save up for that popcorn.
Where doesn’t that happen? The Canopy Awards.
We’ve intentionally priced our event modestly to remove the main barrier that keeps people from attending events that support great organizations — the cost. How many events have you read about and then seen the price tag and thought “Ouch, not this time.”
We get it. That is why advance, all-inclusive tickets to the Canopy Awards are just $50 per person.
The low cost doesn’t mean we’ve skimped either. Not at all. It just means that our sponsors — check them all out below — have really stepped up and been as generous as possible to make the Canopy Awards a great event where if you want to come, you can!
Here is what an all-inclusive ticket gets you:
- Amazing food. Design Cuisine will be serving canteen-inspired chow. Think bacon-topped grilled cheeses, vegan burgers and camp contraband. Not enough? Shake Shack Union Station has got you covered with ridiculously good grilled hot dogs and creamy concretes. Queue the mouthwatering and hunger pains.
- Tasty Drink. You know we love Great Lakes Brewing Company so they are back and bringing their signature brews. If you prefer wine, can we offer you a glass from Virginia’s Ingleside Vineyards? More of a cocktail person? Try a signature Green Hat concoction made specifically for the Canopy Awards with their limited Spring/Summer edition gin.
- Great Music. We’ve got three fantastic bands — The Sweater Set, The Lawsuits and Joy Classic — taking the stage to get you moving. We couldn’t imagine a better soundtrack to your night.
- Awesome people. Expand your social circle. This isn’t the party where people stay to themselves. Everyone will be mixing and mingling and saying hello. We don’t do formal seating and we don’t do stand-around-awkwardly events. Since we’re creating a classic summer camp experience, expect to get your rain gutter regatta on and maybe dominate a game of ping pong or two.
- And more. We can’t tell you everything. Something has to be a surprise.
Oh, and if you need any further convincing: all of the proceeds from the night benefit Casey Trees.
If you’ve been to a Casey Trees party before, you can know we do it right. If you haven’t, try us out and we promise you’ll be rewarded for taking the chance. And you can take satisfaction in knowing that your night out, did good — for once!
April 23, 2015
6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Dock5 at Union Market
$50 in advance/$60 at door per person
Oak – Premier Sponsor
Elm – Major Sponsors
Bruce Pike Productions | Davey Tree | Design Cuisine |
Dock5 | Linemark | The JBG Companies
Maple – Supporting Sponsors
Bremo Trees | National Capital Bank | Pepco | Pittny Creative |
Property Group Partners| The Hill is Home| Washington Blade | Washington City Paper
Sycamore – Associate Sponsors
American Technology Services, Inc. | Cliff Elmore Architects, PLLC |
Community Preservation and Development Corporation | DeepRoot | Elmendorf Ryan |
GCS|Sigal | Hartland | High Caliper Growing Systems | JGM Construction, Inc | PNC Bank |
PQ Partners, LLC | Shake Shack Union Station | Tilton Bernstein Management |
Stoiber + Associates Architects | Venable LLP
Redbud – Friends
GeographIT | Great Lakes Brewing Company | LimnoTech | Matt McHugh | U.S. Bank