You would pass this location while traveling on Suitland Parkway without noticing it, until now! We will be planting trees to create a vegetated buffer along the parkway.
** IMPORTANT: The Tuesday before this planting, we will send a logistics and directions email with detailed information about how to get to the site. You will receive this email ONLY if you are signed-up for this planting. **
- All volunteers must sign a completed Volunteer Waiver Form before participating. Please bring a completed waiver to the event to expedite the registration process. Waivers will be available onsite in the event you forget.
- Youth under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign a Parental Consent Form and be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Advance registration is required; space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we can secure the necessary number of volunteers.
- Be present for and actively listening to the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event. Registration opens a half hour before the indicated start time.
- Dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather. Closed-toe shoes are required.
If you represent a group (5+ people), complete the Group Volunteer Information Form and we will contact you to discuss potential volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with light breakfast fare and treated to a celebratory lunch at the conclusion. Indicate dietary restrictions during the online registration process. Drinking water is available throughout the event.
Public Transportation: The Anacostia Metro stop is about .2 miles from our meeting location. The meeting location can be accessed by the A2, A4, A6, A7, A8 Metrobus line.
Parking: Street parking is available along Stanton Road. Street parking can also be found on Dunbar Road SE.
Bike Parking: Bikes can be chained to nearby signs.
Support Casey Trees
Become a Casey Trees Member today and receive some incredible perks and benefits – all while doing your part to help build a greener place to live for us all. Casey Trees relies on the support of friends, neighbors and volunteers like you to make our work possible. Thank you for your help!