The slopes, shade trees and garden beds of McLean Gardens, located in Ward 3, create a park-like setting for this condominium neighborhood. With the help of Casey Trees, McLean residents hope to maintain and enhance this tree canopy by planting 25 shade trees. You are invited to enjoy lunch on us, view the variety of neighborhood trees and new rain garden – and most importantly – plant trees, all at this fall Community Tree Planting.
The Metrobus stop for this location is Wisconsin Avenue NW & Rodman Street NW (31, 32, 36, H3, H4). The Tenleytown Metro Station is a .9 mile walk to the site. Limited street parking available. The Casey Trees registration table will be set up in the park at Porter Street and 39th Street NW.
- All volunteers must sign a completed volunteer waiver form on the day of the event before participating. Children under 18 years of age must have their parent or legal guardian sign their waiver and be supervised by an adult at all times. We will ask you for personal, emergency contact, and health information during the registration process.
- No specific skills required. Each event starts with a tool safety and planting demonstration. Volunteers plant alongside experienced Citizen Foresters and staff.
- Register in advance. Space is limited. If your plans change prior to the event, please update your registration status so we are sure to have the necessary number of volunteers.
- Arrive on time. Check-in opens a half hour prior to the indicated start time and volunteers must be present for the tool safety demonstration at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. Closed toe shoes are required.
Volunteers are welcomed in the morning with hot coffee, tea, water and bagels. A celebratory lunch is provided at the conclusion of the event. Please note your dietary preferences and/or allergies when registering so we can attempt to accommodate your needs.
Are you a volunteer group manager? Do you want to register a large group of volunteers for one or more events (5 or more individuals)? Groups cannot sign up all of their registrants on this page, but we are happy to work with you to get volunteers registered at this event or other events this season. Register online now.
Support Casey Trees
Help re-tree McLean Gardens by making a donation today. Gifts of any amount make a world of difference in making our streets and communities safer, healthier and – of course – greener.